Many purposes are served by conducting an arrest warrant search in Taos County, NM. Not the least of these is that you will get details about what a person has been up to okay before letting him get close to your workplace or home. An inquiry into the existence of outstanding warrants in the name of your subject can be launched through two channels.
You can approach the three-justice agencies that serve a part in the warrant issue, or you could connect with a private information seller. While state departments offer information offline, third-party sites work over the internet, and the criminal history information held by them is put into an online database. Subscribers are provided access to this repository for a fee.
State agencies like the sheriff’s office, the magistrate’s court, and the county clerk’s department will expect the applicant to show up in person at their office to look for information on arrest records and active warrants from Taos County. Although a fee will have to be incurred once again, you can only expect to find details on arrest warrants issued within the state of NM.
The results procured from both sources will include information on arrests, the availability of outstanding warrants in the subject’s name, charges brought against the arrestee, case status and disposition, sentencing, and incarceration. For an online search, you can fill the form on this page, and for an official inquiry, you will need to drive down to
- Law enforcement: 105 Albright Street Suite Q, Taos, New Mexico 87571
- Judiciary: 105 Albright Rd, Taos, NM 87571
- County clerk: PO Box 676, Taos, New Mexico 87571
How do access arrest records and details on warrants from Taos County over the phone? (Valid in 2021)
- For up-to-date arrests information, contact the Taos County Adult Detention Center-575-737-6421.
- For an arrest report and other police reports, call the Taos County Sheriff’s Department at 575-737-6480.
- For a County warrants inquiry, call the Magistrate’s Court -575-758-4030/575-586-0761.
- For victims’ support, call the County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office- 575-758-8683.
- For criminal court records, call the Clerk of Court- 575-758-3173.
Crime statistics of Taos County
The Taos Sheriff’s Office received 121 criminal complaints in 2019, as compared to the 169 criminal cases of 2018. There were 93 property offenses and 28 violent crimes among the reported offenses.
More than 40 burglaries, 30 larceny thefts and 20 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Nearly 20 aggravated assaults, 2 rapes, and 2 robberies were included in the violent crimes category.
From 2002 to 2008, almost 3300 criminal incidents were reported in Taos County, New Mexico. Of these illicit acts, only about 10% were violent and included gruesome acts such as murder with 4 cases and sexual assault with no less than 30 instances. Annually, almost 460 crimes transpire in the area, and the crime rates have grown by nearly 4% over the decade.