To go for an arrest warrant search in Los Alamos County, NM, you will need to have some information about the subject of your inquiry. The more details you have when starting the inquiry, the greater the accuracy of the results you get. The magistrate’s office, the magistrate departments, and the county clerk all accept name-based inquiries.
The information you provide is run through the office-specific database; for instance, if you were to go to the county clerk’s office, details on the subject will be accessed from the court dockets database. Regardless of which repository is dipped into forgetting the details required, the results will show information about all criminals who match the search criteria.
This means that if you are trying to find out if there are any Los Alamos County arrest records or outstanding warrants in the name of one “John Doe,” you would get information on every person who has that name. Now, if it is a relatively common last and first name that you are dealing with, you may get too much information for comfort.
So, when you want to learn about the arrests and the active warrants against your subject, always offer two or more search criteria. This way, the match will be more accurate. Of course, another way is to conduct a fingerprint inquiry. However, civilians are not being offered this facility at the moment for third-party searches. To get in touch with an agency, drive down to:
- Law enforcement agency: 2500 Trinity Drive Ste. B, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87544
- The county magistrate: 475 20th St, Los Alamos, NM 87544
- The clerk of court: 2451 Central Avenue, Suite D, Los Alamos, New Mexico 87544
If you need information on Los Alamos County recent arrest and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)
- Call the Detention Master Control at 505-662-8235 for information on arrests and prisoners.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office at 505-662-8222 for general information.
- Contact the Records Division at 505-663-1741 for arrest records and police reports.
- Call the Investigation Division at 505-662-8226 for information about a criminal investigation.
- Call the Magistrate’s Court at 505-662-2727 for information about arrest warrants.
- Call the Victim Assistant at 505-709-8135/505-663-3511 for information on help available to crime victims.
- Contact the Clerk of Court’s Office at 505-455-8268/8200 for information on submitting a request for a criminal background check.
Crime statistics of Los Alamos County
The Los Alamos County Police Department dealt with 107 criminal complaints in 2020. Cases were filed against 62 property crimes and 45 violent crimes.
Larceny theft had the highest occurrence rate in the property crimes category with 50 cases filed against such offenses. Burglaries led to the filing of 10 complaints while car theft led to 2 cases. In the violent crimes category, save for 1 complaint filed against rape all other cases involved assault.
Compared with the country and the state of New Mexico, Los Alamos County has an average of 750 criminal cases. In contrast, the national standard of crime is higher than 1700 cases, and the state index stands at nearly 2400 instances. From 2005 to 2010, the area’s crime rates have been in free fall, going from an annual total of 550 plus incidents to just about 350 cases.