The magistrate’s court issues all judicial orders, so an arrest warrants search in Otero County, NM, would make sense to approach this agency first. Of course, the police come second to none when offering information on arrest records and outstanding warrants. Since the sheriff’s office has been put in charge of serving all judicial orders for arrests, including bench warrants, it is evident that they would have information on all such directives.
Local law enforcement also keeps an extensive database of arrest records, including information on detentions that did not occur under active warrants’ provisions. Along with this, the sheriff’s department will also hold on to details about all outstanding warrants from Otero County. However, this department will not be able to assist you in your search for civil records or judicial decrees that do not call for arrests.
The magistrate’s court is the justice agency to approach for such information. The judge’s representative can help you with details on bench orders for arrests and criminal summons, along with data on the issue of active warrants. On the same lines, the county clerk’s office will also be able to furnish information on civil cases started against the subject or by him.
This should explain why approaching the judiciary would make more sense when you seek more than just a criminal background check. The one factor common among inquiries launched through these different agencies is that they all require the applicants to visit the appropriate state offices in person to undertake the warrant search. So, if you are interested in such an inquiry, head over to:
- The police: 3208 N White Sands Blvd, Alamogordo, New Mexico 88310
- The county clerk: 1104 N. White Sands Blvd Suite C, Alamogordo, New Mexico 88310
- The court of the magistrate: 1000 New York Ave, Alamogordo, NM 88310
How do you connect with law enforcement agencies over the phone for an Otero County warrants search and arrests-data? (Checked in 2021)
- 575-437-6420- The Otero County Jail to find out more about arrests and inmates.
- 575-437-2210- The Otero Sheriff’s Office for police reports, accident reports, and criminal arrest records.
- 575-437-9000- The Magistrate’s Court for details on arrest warrants
- 575-437-3640- The Otero County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office for victim-witness assistance
- 575-437-7310- The Office of the Clerk of Court for judicial records and a case search
Crime statistics of Otero County
In 2019, the Otero Sheriff’s Department filed approximately 420 criminal reports. Property offenses accounted for more than 270 of the reported crimes, and involved crimes such as larceny-theft (138 incidents) and burglary (108 cases).
Around 150 cases were attributed to crimes against humans. Aggravated assault accounted for 134 complaints filed in this crime category while rape and robbery resulted in the filing of 13 and 2 complaints respectively.
Each year, about 1300 criminal complaints are made in Otero County, New Mexico, and of these, approximately 9% are cases of violent crime. In the most recent decade, there has been a rise of over 25% in the rate of overall criminal activity and an equivalent spurt in the figures of violent crime.