In McKinley County, an arrest warrant search can be conducted in three ways; you can either mail in your inquiries to the appropriate NM state agency, visit the office of these justice entities in person or enlist the help of a third-party information seller online. Make no mistake; a small charge will have to be incurred regardless of the data source.
The primary difference here is that justice agencies do not offer crime history information over the internet. Simultaneously, private establishments that source the data in their repositories through government entities provide their services online. Also, unlike the office of the sheriff and the state judiciary, limiting applicants’ access to local crime history details, with a private agency, you can find arrest records and active warrants from all over the country.
In terms of state justice departments, it would help to approach the sheriff’s department for all inquiries that pertain to criminal matters. So, if you are merely looking for any McKinley County outstanding warrants in the name of your subject or want to know if this individual was ever involved in illicit acts, the police will be able to shed light on this.
The office of the county clerk can also help you with information on outstanding warrants and arrests. Along with this, the agency will also offer details on any civil matters that come up in your subject’s name. The best part is that you can scour their court dockets database on your own if you visit the local justice center. To approach a justice department for your warrants inquiry, go to:
- The sheriff: 2105 E Aztec Avenue, Gallup, New Mexico 87301
- The magistrate: 207 W Hill Ave, Gallup, NM 87301
- The clerk of court: 207 West Hill Street Suite 101, Gallup, New Mexico 87301
Will state agencies provide arrest records or information on warrants issued in McKinley County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- For information on arrests and prisoners, get in touch with the McKinley County Jail at 505-726-8474.
- For arrest records and police reports (accident/incident), get in touch with the McKinley County Sheriff’s Office at 505-863-6816.
- For information about arrest warrants, get in touch with the Magistrate’s Court at 505-722-6636.
- For victim assistance, get in touch with the McKinley County Attorney’s Office at 505-722-2281.
- For further information on submitting a request for a criminal background check, get in touch with the Clerk of Court’s Office at 505-863-6816.
Crime statistics of McKinley County
Around 410 criminal complaints were taken to the McKinley County Sheriff’s Office in 2019. Nearly 220 of these cases involved property offenses. Approximately 85 larceny-theft complaints and around 90 burglary complaints were included in this total. Around 185 complaints were filed against violent offenses, such as serious assault (175), robbery (7) and homicide (1).
McKinley County, New Mexico clocks in an annual crime average of a bit over 2400 incidents. So, a crime occurs every 3 hours, which puts the daily incident rate at 8 cases. In the last few years, there has been a decline of almost 50% in reported crimes in the area.