There are scores of offices that you can visit in your bid to do an arrest warrant search in San Miguel County, Nm. However, none of the state departments offer online tools for scouring through their database of arrest records and active warrants. You could visit the justice center and use the public service terminals to search through the court dockets database maintained by the court’s office clerk.
While there are no charges for such inquiries, you will have to produce a valid photo ID before you are allowed near these computers connected to the justice department’s intranet. In other words, if you have a San Miguel County arrest warrant in your name, you will not be able to use this facility as any attempt to procure information on crime history through a state agency will lead to your detention.
Arrests are quickly made connected with San Miguel County outstanding warrants as these are judicial orders, and the police have no say in when these ought to be executed. Most warrants come with a clear directive that the police use the decree to arrest at the earliest possible opportunity.
Once an active warrant has been served, information on this is also relayed to the magistrate’s offices and the country clerk, so they can prepare for the trial that is to ensue. Meanwhile, the accused is held in police custody until he can be brought before the tribunal for a bail hearing. To find information on San Miguel County arrest records and warrants, go to:
- Law enforcement: Mineral Hill Route 20, Las Vegas, New Mexico 87701
- Judiciary: 496 National Ave, Las Vegas, NM 87701
- County clerk: 500 West National Avenue, Suite 113, Las Vegas, New Mexico 87701
Is it possible to acquire information from San Miguel County on recent arrests and active warrants over the phone? (2021-data)
- For an incident/accident/arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 505-425-7589.
- For information on active warrants contact the Magistrate Court at 505-425-5204.
- For details on recent arrests and inmate arrest records, dial the phone number of the San Miguel County Detention Center at 505-454-7403.
- For victim services, call the San Miguel County Prosecutor’s Office at 505-425-6746.
- For criminal case court dates and information on accessing criminal judicial records, contact the District Court Clerk at 505-425-7281.
Crime statistics of San Miguel County
In San Miguel County, the annual crime rate stood at 236 incidents in 2021. The listed offenses included 100 violent crimes and 136 property crimes.
Aggravated assaults had the largest number of complaints in the violent crime category, at 99 cases. With 94 reports, larceny theft was the most common property crime while burglary came in a distant second, with 29 cases.
In San Miguel County, New Mexico, approximately 1000 crimes occur every year. This comes to about three criminal occurrences per day. Almost half of these incidents transpire when the victim is within a one-mile radius of his home or office. From 1999 through 2008, there has been a growth of 65% in overall crime rates while violent criminal cases went up by 60%.