Suppose you are keen on doing an arrest warrant search in Dona Ana County, NM. In that case, you will find that while most state agencies like the sheriff’s and the county clerks are very cooperative in sharing crime history data, they require applicants to show up in person to initiate the inquiry.
Typically, the local law enforcement agency is the first government entity to reach out to when in need of information on arrest records and active warrants. Because the cops place the request for warrants and other judicial orders and make arrests under these directives’ provisions, it is obvious they would have all details about the release and execution of such decrees.
The magistrate’s office, which has the powers to issue all judicial directives, bench warrants, search orders, or arrest warrants, will be the first agency to record information about such charges. Of course, the county clerk’s department will also have details on crime history, including the issue of Dona Ana County outstanding warrants.
This agency also keeps data about civil matters because they attend all court sessions whether the tribunal is hearing criminal cases or a non-criminal argument. The judiciary will also help you find other legal directives issued against the subject, including bench warrants and criminal summons. To get your warrant search done from these offices, you can go to:
- The sheriff: 845 N Motel Blvd, Las Cruces, New Mexico 88007
- The magistrate: 201 W Picacho Ave, Las Cruces, NM 88005
- The clerk of court: 845 North Motel Boulevard, Las Cruces, New Mexico 88007
What are your options for finding details on warrants and recent arrests from Dona Ana County over the phone? (2021-current)
- (575) 647-7600 – Call the Detention Center to learn about recent arrests.
- (575) 525-1911 – Call the Sheriff’s Office to record a non-emergency complaint.
- (575) 526-0795 – Call Las Cruces PD for information on arrests and warrants involving them.
- (575) 882-2983 – Call Anthony PD for an arrest report or warrants inquiry involving the cases handled by them.
- (575) 267-3021 – Call Hatch PD for recent arrests made by them.
- (575) 524-2814/(575) 233-3147/(575) 267-5202 – Call the Magistrate’s Court for details on outstanding warrants
- (575) 528-8316 – Call the Clerk of Court to access judicial records
- (575) 524-6370 – Call the District Attorney’s Office to reach Victim/Witness Services.
Crime statistics of Don Ana County
In 2020, the law enforcement agencies of Don Ana County together reported an annual crime rate of 285 incidents. The yearly average was the sum of 157 cases of property crime and 128 violent crimes, which is an unusually high occurrence rate. The police filed complaints against the following offenses:
- 7 rapes
- 1 robbery
- 119 aggravated assaults
- 50 burglaries
- 94 larceny thefts
- 13 motor vehicle thefts
Through the decade that started in 1999 and ended in 2008, there was an increase of 6% in the reported crime rate in Dona Ana County, NM. There was a similar rise in the figures for violent crime, which was 35% plus. Overall, almost 5000 criminal incidents are reported in the area in a year, and only about 10% of these are violent occurrences.