A Colfax County arrest warrant search can get you information on every criminal incident lodged in the background of a person. Unless arrest records and information on the active warrants issued in a specific case have been deleted under a court order, applicants can access this data through one or the other state agency.
Apart from government sources, some private crime history information vendors also maintained Colfax County arrest warrants’ information. While expunged records are sealed way from public access repositories maintained by government departments, such rulings have little impact on the working of third-party agencies which continue to grant access to these records.
However, it should be noted here that if you need information on Colfax outstanding warrants and arrests for immigration, employment, or adoption, your only choice will be to get the search conducted through a state department. You get three options between local law enforcement and the judiciary; they have been listed below with their addresses.
- The police: 440 Hereford Ave, Raton, New Mexico 87740
- The county clerk: PO Box 159, Raton, New Mexico 87740
- The court of the magistrate: 230 N 3rd St, Raton, NM 87740
To run an arrest warrant search through a private agency, you can fill the form available on top of this page. It links to a third-party database of criminal history information. Inquiries are handled online. Unlike the state judiciary and police that restrict their searches to matters that occurred within the state, you can access arrest records and information on active warrants from throughout the country through a third-party site.
What phone numbers should you be dialing for a warrants search or arrests inquiry in Colfax County? (2021-Update)
- For information on arrests, call the Colfax County Detention Center at 575-445-3691.
- For judicial records and a case search, call the District Court Clerk at 575-445-5585.
- For arrest records, incident and accident reports, contact the Sheriff’s Office at 575-445-5562.
- For information on arrest warrants, call the Magistrate’s Court at 575-445-2220/575-483-2417.
- For victim’s assistance, call the Colfax County Attorney’s Office at 505-988-4476.
Crime statistics of Colfax County
The Sheriff’s Office of Colfax County handled 11 criminal matters in 2019. Of the complaints filed, 8 were against property crimes and these cases involved 5 instances of burglary and 3 of theft. The 3 complaints filed against violent crime all involved assault.
Approximately 150 crimes are reported in Colfax County, New Mexico, every year. Although more than 130 of these cases are related to property crimes, at least 20 incident reports are filed per annum against violent criminal matters. From 2002 to 2008, there has been a rapid and significant decrease in the area’s crime rates.