Getting a response to an arrest warrant search in Quay County, NM, is not an exceptionally arduous task. However, it does call for some work in visiting state agencies that keep details on criminal history. Going to the police for such an inquiry is an absolute no-brainer. After all, the sheriff’s deputies make all arrests in the area, so they are bound to have information on detention directives.
However, few people know that this agency also keeps the petition in front of the local tribunal required to issue active warrants in Quay County. This also means that the cops and the judiciary of the area impart crucial functions in the entire process.
The state’s judicial machinery is represented at the pre-warrant hearing in two ways; the magistrate who puts the warrant into effect and the county clerk’s office that maintains information on Quay County outstanding warrants and arrest records. After the issue, data about arrest warrants are held by all three agencies in question.
So, when you seek a warrant search in Quay County., you will have a range of options in front of you, from the agencies listed below with their contact details to private entities that sell crime history data. Scroll down to reach out to the magistrate’s offices, county clerk, or sheriff, and if you intend to take the third party route for your inquiry, fill the form on top of this page.
- The sheriff: 300 South Third Street, PO Box 943, Tucumcari, New Mexico 88401
- The magistrate: 122 W Center St, Tucumcari, NM 88401
- The clerk of court: PO Box 1225, Tucumcari, New Mexico 88401
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or information about Quay County warrants over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- To learn more about arrests and prisoners, contact the Quay County Jail at 575-461-4664.
- For arrest records and incident reports, get in touch with the Quay Sheriff’s Office at 575-461-2720.
- For investigation-related inquiries, contact the Crime Investigation Division at (for victims only).
- To get information on outstanding arrest warrants, contact the Magistrate’s Court at 575-461-1700.
- To speak with the victim’s advocate, contact the Quay County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office at 575-461-2075.
- For information on submitting a request for a criminal background check and court case records, contact the Clerk of Court’s Office at 575-461-2764.
Crime statistics of Quay County
In 2019, the Quay County Police filed 14 criminal cases, as opposed to the 32 crimes handled in the previous year. These included 13 crimes against property and 1 violent crime. Of the property crimes reported, 7 were larceny thefts and 6 were burglaries while the single case filed in the violent crime category was against assault.
Over 250 crimes are reported in Quay County, New Mexico, each year. Of these criminal occurrences, only about 14% can be slotted in the violent category; the remaining are connected to property crimes. In recent years, there has been a drop of almost 30% in reported criminal activity; yet, violent crimes rose by nearly 100% in the same period.