An arrest warrant search in Rio Arriba County, NM, should not only be done to find detention directives against third parties but also in your name. Suppose you are wondering why you ought to bother with such a formality when you have never been involved in illicit activities. In that case, you need to understand that active warrants are sometimes also issued against wrong people due to mistaken identity cases.
While this can be eventually proved in court, you will end up spending a few nights in custodial detention at first, so why not save yourself the trouble and find out in advance if somebody has been up to mischief in your name? When you initiate an inquiry into the release of warrants for arrests, you will also be told about past criminal matters in the subject’s name.
If you find an active warrant in your name, it would be best to consult with an attorney. A legal professional will be able to work out a bargain for you and present your case in the best light. It would be futile to try to escape from a Rio Arriba County outstanding warrant because these orders stay valid for almost 100 years. Add to this the fact that information on all pending orders for detention and arrest records are sent to a central FBI-managed repository.
From here, this data is accessed every time an arrest is made, so even if you are stopped for a traffic violation, your name will be run through this database. As soon as an arrest warrant is found in your name, you will be arrested on the spot. Civilian applicants will have to rely on the local police or the judiciary to offer them results in response to their warrant search. To file the petition for such an inquiry, go to:
- The police: 1122 Industrial Park Rd, Espanola, New Mexico 87532
- The county clerk: 7 Main Street, Tierra Amarilla, New Mexico 87575
- The court of the magistrate: 2332 Highway 17, Chama, NM 87520
Is it possible to get information on Rio Arriba County arrest warrants and recent arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To find out about County arrests, contact the Rio Arriba County Adult Detention Facility- 575-588-7350 Ext: 4402.
- To request criminal records, including incident, accident and arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Office- 505-753-3329.
- To learn more about arrest warrants, contact the Magistrate’s Court-575-756-2278/505-753-2532.
- To seek help offered to crime victims, contact the Rio Arriba County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office-505-753-7131.
- To obtain a criminal background check or judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court-575-588-0058.
Crime statistics of Rio Arriba County
More than 250 criminal complaints were filed in Rio Arriba County in 2019. Around 200 were for property offenses such as: larceny-theft (114), burglary (72), and automobile thefts (11). Among the 63 complaints filed against violent crimes, there were 50 incidents of serious assault and 6 cases of rape.
The annual crime rate of Rio Arriba County, New Mexico, is lower than most other state geographical divisions at just 330 incidents. However, the rate of violent crime is unusually high, at almost 30% of the annual crime figure. Also, there has been a growth of over 70% in this crime category and a similar rise in reported crime instances.